Apple Vows to be Completely Carbon Neutral By 2030

By 8 months ago

By the year 2030, we could be living a very different climate thanks to Apple. THe mega-company recently announced that by the end of the next decade, they will be entirely carbon neutral. This includes their business corporation, manufacturing supply chain, and product life-cycle. Tim Cook, the company's CEO, announced the move towards a better planet in a press conference last month. 

"The innovations powering our environmental journey are not only good for the planet — they’ve helped us make our products more energy efficient and bring new sources of clean energy online around the world," said Cook, "Climate action can be the foundation for a new era of innovative potential, job creation, and durable economic growth. With our commitment to carbon neutrality, we hope to be a ripple in the pond that creates a much larger change."

Of course, there's more to the change than just the idea of it. The conference also detailed their plan to have reduced their footprint by 75% come July 2030. The remaining 25% will be dedicated to carbon removal services. They plan to achieve this goal by usuing recycled materials in the Apple products, find new ways to recycle product in a profitable way, and design each subsequent generation to be as energy efficient as they can make it.

Next Post →